Middle Management Training
$99.00 – $295.00
Middle management is the intermediate leadership level of a hierarchical organization, being subordinate to the senior management but above the lowest levels of operational staff. For example, operational supervisors may be considered middle management; they may also be categorized as non-management staff, depending upon the policy of the particular organization.
General managers, branch managers, and department managers are all examples of middle-level managers. They are accountable to the top management for their department’s function.
Middle-level managers devote more time to organizational and directional functions than top-level managers. Their roles can be emphasized as:
- Executing organizational plans in conformance with the company’s policies and the objectives of the top management;
- Defining and discussing information and policies from top management to lower management; and most importantly
- Inspiring and providing guidance to low-level managers towards better performance.
Some of their functions are as follows:
- Designing and implementing effective group and intergroup work and information systems;
- Defining and monitoring group-level performance indicators;
- Diagnosing and resolving problems within and among work groups;
- Designing and implementing reward systems supporting cooperative behavior.
Because middle managers work with both top-level managers and first-level managers, middle managers tend to have excellent interpersonal skills relating to communication, motivation, and mentoring. Leadership skills are also important in delegating tasks to first-level managers.
Middle management may be reduced in organizations as a result of reorganization. Such changes include downsizing, ‘delayering’ (reducing the number of management levels), and outsourcing. The changes may occur in an effort to reduce costs (as middle management is commonly paid more than junior staff) or to make the organization flatter, which empowers employees, leaving the organization more innovative and flexible.
The course kit includes:
- Learner’s handbook and trainer’s guide
- Powerpoint slides
- Activities and exercises
- Quizzes with solutions
- eLearning files
- Additional resources
The eLearning Version
The e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.