Firing an Employee
$99.00 – $295.00
In most jurisdictions, an employer and employee are free to terminate their relationship at any time, for any reason. Sometimes called “at will,” this arrangement sounds simple. But the ramifications are far from it.
Most of us are aware that employees cannot be terminated based on their race, gender, age or disability. However, there are a number of other exceptions to the “at will” rule based on state and federal statutes. For instance, lesser-known laws provide protection for employees who are absent due to jury duty, military service or attendance as a witness in a criminal trial. Some states have limits on the use of criminal history in hiring and firing decisions. Others have protections based on employees’ sexual preferences and sometimes municipal law conflicts with state law. Suffice it to say that even an “at will” employer better have a well-documented cause before terminating anyone.
The key to avoiding litigation is good planning, knowledge and investigation.
Employment termination by the employer normally falls into one of these categories: redundancy, misconduct, or poor performance (which may be due to various reasons, often not the fault of the employee). The central principles (not the process detail) for dealing with all of these situations are broadly similar.
The course kit includes:
- Learner’s handbook and trainer’s guide
- Powerpoint slides
- Activities and exercises
- Quizzes with solutions
- eLearning files
- Additional resources
The eLearning Version
The e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Why use our training materials?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, our courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training courseThese Effective Communication Skills training course materials will help develop your participants communication skills and ensure they understand others, whilst getting their own message across clearly and in a way that fosters positive relationships. They’ll learn what it takes to be a successful communicator and how best to communicate confidently with people at all levels.