$99.00 – $295.00
What is creative thinking, and why is it important in the workplace? Most people associate creativity with artistic tasks such as writing a novel, painting a picture, or composing music. While these are all creative endeavors, not all creative thinkers are artists. Many jobs require creative thinking, including positions in the worlds of business and science.
Creativity simply means being able to come up with something new. Therefore, creative thinking is the ability to consider something – a conflict between employees, a data set, a group project – in a new way. Employers in all industries want employees who can do this.
Be sure to highlight your ability to think creatively in your job applications. To do this, you first need to recognize your own creativity.
What is Creative Thinking?
Creative thinking means looking at something in a new way. It is the very definition of “thinking outside the box.” Often, creativity in this sense involves what is called lateral thinking, or the ability to perceive patterns that are not obvious. The fictional detective Sherlock Holmes uses lateral thinking in one famous story when he realizes that a dog not barking is an important clue in a murder case.
Creative people have the ability to devise new ways to carry out tasks, solve problems, and meet challenges. They bring a fresh, and sometimes unorthodox, perspective to their work. This way of thinking can help departments and organizations move in more productive directions. For these reasons, they are extremely valuable to a company.
Some people are naturally more creative than others, but creative thinking can be strengthened with practice.
You can develop creative thinking by solving riddles, being aware of (and letting go of) your assumptions, and through play. Play connotes anything unstructured and relaxing such as daydreaming.
The Creative Thinking training course is designed to teach participants the processes of creative thinking using a tool-kit of practical creativity techniques. Participants will discover their personal creative thinking style in order to select the thinking tools which will harness their personal creativity. It is a highly practical course which focuses on teaching participants how to be more creative in their everyday work environment. This means that they will be able to brainstorm new ideas on demand whether they are working on their own or in groups.
The course kit includes:
- Learner’s handbook and trainer’s guide
- Powerpoint slides
- Activities and exercises
- Quizzes with solutions
- eLearning files
- Additional resources
The eLearning Version
The e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Why use our training materials?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, our courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.