Coaching & Mentoring in the Workplace
$99.00 – $295.00
The course kit includes:
- Learner’s handbook and trainer’s guide
- Powerpoint slides
- Activities and exercises
- Quizzes with solutions
- eLearning files
- Additional resources
The eLearning Version
The e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
It’s understandable that you might think mentoring and coaching are similar or even the same thing. But they’re not. Both warrant consideration in the workplace.
This course in coaching and mentoring will help managers who wish to learn best practice in coaching to use a range of coaching techniques. These techniques will allow them to get the best from their staff while promote an organisation-wide coaching culture.
• To learn range of coaching techniques to include powerful questioning, reflecting, paraphrasing, summarising, challenging and giving feedback to encourage employee self-discovery.
• To understand the necessary conditions to ensure effective coaching to include planning for sessions and maintaining appropriate records.
• Improved team performance and the ability to obtain better results through people.
• Increased motivation throughout your team.
• To overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of individual, team and organisational success.
• To establish a coaching programme in your organisation.
Evaluating Coaching Models including:
• Co-Active Coaching.
• GROW Coaching Process.
• The Coaching Process.
• Core principles of coaching.
• Goal setting and action planning.
• Conditions for effective coaching.
• Record maintenance.
• Managing coaching relationships.
• Guiding the client towards achieving goals.
• Coaching in the Workplace.
• The benefits of coaching within any organisation.
• Encouraging the client to explore positive
• Giving supportive feedback.
• Coaching Techniques.
• Building rapport with your employee.
• The importance of listening skills.
• Asking powerful questions.
• Challenging limiting beliefs.
• Defining and describing the mentoring process.
• Mentoring in the corporate and professional world.
• Essential mentor qualities.
• Essential skills in mentoring.
• Self-awareness: including defining the relationship.
• How to give advice.
• Mentoring meetings.
• Helping employees to solve problems.
• Active listening.
• Issues of integrity: including, “what if things go
Anyone that coaches as a part of their job role would benefit from the content of these coaching skills training course materials as when delivered they will help develop the participant’s practical skills and ensure they are demonstrating coaching behaviours that will nurture those around them.
Coaching skills have become an important tool in the armoury of great leaders and people that work with developing others as they encourage empowerment and self-belief. These coaching skills training course materials solidify that approach and put structure and clarity around coaching behaviours, whilst demonstrating the ability to coach without masses of paperwork and ‘rules’.
These specific course materials focus on all aspects of coaching in the workplace and will ensure participants are able to coach others as part of their normal working role.
By the end of this coaching skills training course, your participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles of coaching, what is, what it isn’t and how it works in practical terms
- Describe the best time to use coaching in order to ensure it is at its most effective
- Practically apply coaching methods that get results in their work environment
- Utilise positive questioning and listening techniques that can be applied to coaching scenarios to get the best out of others ability